Monday 21 September 2015

TWO THIRDS!

So this is it, the third and final year of my degree. The last 2 years have flown by!

Highlights of the last 2 years;

- Shadowing and assisting photographers at the Imperial War Museum in London.
- Interviewing some wonderful photographers in the aviation industry.
- An especially inspiring interview with Pete Lawrence of the BBC's Sky at Night.
- Shooting Vulcan XL 426.
- Seeing Vulcan XH 558 in flight one final time (click for video).
- Making the guest list of the cast and crew screening of the film AmStarDam in London.
- Meeting/seeing astronaut Chris Hadfield, photographer Tom Hunter, Phil Jupitus, musician Freddie Notes, Rhoda Dakar of The Bodysnatchers and Neville Staple of The Specials.
- Flying on the top deck of a Boeing 747 (life goal!).
- Seeing space shuttle Atlantis in exhibition at the Kennedy Space Centre (I was at KSC for the launch of STS-132 in 2010 so it was great to see Atlantis up close).
- Taking a tour of NASA's Launch Control Centre and Firing Room 4.
- Clearwater Beach and Disney World.
- Finally seeing The Skatalites (and for free!).
- Guest DJ'ing at a local funk soul night.

Since starting the degree I have learned so much about myself, what I am capable of and where I want to be career-wise. I could not have asked for a better group of peers and lecturers to share this experience with, I look very forward to finding out what year three has in store!

Here are some pano iPhone shots from my trip to Florida;
NASA Firing Room 4

Space Shuttle Atlantis on display at the Kennedy Space Centre

Clearwater Beach Pier 60





2 comments:

  1. Wow! I would LOVE to see the shuttle.. it has always been my favourite space craft. It seems so happy and smiley. :)

    I did one of my aviation bucket list things this year - there is a 747 at HARS and I touched it while standing under it..

    Thanks so much for sending me the link to your blog, I have subscribed and I will look forward to your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I have followed back :)

    If you ever get the chance the shuttle is definitely worth seeing. I must have spent about an hour in there just taking it all in!

    That's so cool that you got to stand under and touch a 747, I've just had a look at HARS and it has quite a diverse list of aircraft!

    ReplyDelete