Friday 20 May 2016

EXHIBITION & PORTFOLIO


I made a conscious decision not to exhibit externally. Exhibiting internally was a good way to present my FMP in the way in which it is intended to be viewed. I printed the images on to clear adhesive film before pressing it on to aluminium plates. My reasoning behind this was to give the Gnat back its metallic properties which had been removed through the photographic process. On the MP3 player is a file which plays the sound of a Gnat in flight, the aluminium and sound clip are intended to represent the sheer power of the aircraft that the components belong to.

The prints are in 3 clusters of 4, and since taking this photograph I have added an LED light above each to bring out the metallic elements further.

At the private viewing my work was received well, I am my own biggest critic and can see so many faults with my work, so to have positive feedback was a huge help.


I handed in my final module today - a research file concentrating on my professional progression, and a portfolio.

I chose to use the aluminium technique for my portfolio too, as the use of metal would tie the aviation theme together. The prints are delicate due to the printing method so I mounted them to off-white mounting board so the prints themselves will not need to be touched - I will also include cotton gloves. I presented the work in a metal flight case as this also fits in well with the metallic theme and looks smart, I plan to use the case as the storage method for my work so I also wanted something waterproof and durable.

No comments:

Post a Comment